As you may have known that the Sydney Royal Easter Show is Australia’s largest annual ticketed event, attracting an average of 828,000 people each year. It is an iconic celebration of Australian culture, from the rural traditions to the modern day lifestyles, providing unique experiences for everyone.
Each year for 12 days over Easter, the country and city join together to enjoy agricultural competitions, animal experiences, entertainment, carnival fun, shopping and much more. The rich heritage and sheer scale of the Show make it a prized means of communication utilised by some of the country’s biggest, best-known and loved brands.
The Show was first held in 1823 and is run by the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS), a not-for-profit organisation that promotes and rewards agricultural excellence. The Sydney Royal Easter Show allows the RAS to continue investing in agricultural programs, scholarships and supporting rural communities in Australia.
The 2020 Sydney Royal Easter Show starts from 3 April to 14 April. There’re loads of things for you to see and experience that will literally take you one day to enjoy, from Parade of Champions, Hacks, Harness and Riding, Clubs and Associations, Aviary Bird Competition, Arts and Crafts Competition, Rabbit Show, Fun Floral Challenge, Alpaca Promenade, to Little Hands on the Land, Breed Conformation and many more! Bring your family or friends to enjoy this annual feast!
- Gates and pavilions: open at 9.00am (8.30am on Easter long weekend)
- Ticket booths: open until 8.00pm each evening.
- Showbag Pavilion: open from 9.30am to 9.30pm each day of the Show.
- Evening entertainment and fireworks: conclude at 9.00pm and the Coca-Cola Carnival stays open until late every night.
- By bus – Sydney Olympic Park major event buses commence from 7am daily and run every 30 minutes with frequent services at peak times.
- By ferry – The Sydney Ferry service provides a traffic free corridor to the city and beyond. Sydney Ferries operate along the Parramatta River to the Sydney CBD and Parramatta. A bus connection from the ferry terminal to Sydney Olympic Park station operates during the Show.
- By train – Sydney Trains operates frequent services to the Show including direct services between central and Sydney Olympic Park all day until late.
- On foot – The closest train station to the Sydney Royal Easter Show is Olympic Park. Sydney Olympic Park is a short 15 minute flat walk from Concord West Train station, or a 25 minute walk from Lidcombe Station.
Parking at Sydney Olympic Park will be in high demand during the Sydney Royal Easter Show and car parks are likely to reach capacity. You can guarantee a space by pre-booking your parking ticket. To pre-book your parking visit www.sydneyolympicpark.com.au/parking/
The most important, don’t forget to pre-book your Show ticket as it surely will be too popular!