The Swiss Alps of New Zealand, an essential item to tick off the bucket list; you won’t regret adding Queenstown to your itinerary.
Queenstown is one of the most visually stunning places in the world, with snow topped mountain peaks year-round, it’s a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, thrill seekers and families alike. Located in Otago in the south-west of New Zealand’s South Island, it’s easily accessible with flights from Australia and within New Zealand.
There’s a never-ending list of fun things to do for all ages and suitable to all types, whether you’re a thrill seeker or a nature lover, there’s guaranteed to be an activity or attraction that will provide you with an unforgettable experience.
If you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, Queenstown is the place you want to be. It has a huge variety of exciting adventures that will leave you on a high. From bungee jumping to jet boat tours, these activities won’t disappoint.
- Skydiving: With crystal clear blue skies, the Nzone, Glennorchy and Wanaka skydives guarantee the experience of a lifetime.
- Bungee jumping: Whether you’re jumping from the Ledge, Kawarau (43 metres), or Nevis (143 metres), you’ll be thrilled.
- Swing: Do a solo or tandem swing with your bestie at the Ledge or Nevis.
- River rafting/ river jet boat tours: Be prepared to get wet and be enthralled with tours through the dramatic canyons of the Shotover River or on the pristine waters of the Dart River, or cruise through the Kawarau River on your kayak.
- 4WD/ quad bike tours: With access to a wealth of trails covering different types of terrain, the tours through the Queenstown Hill, the Nevis Mountain Range, Skippers Canyon or the Arrow River will give you a true off-road experience.
- Paragliding: Gliding from the summit of Coronet Peak for 20 minutes provides a bird’s eye view of the stunning Queenstown scenery.
Love the outdoors?
With the most spectacular views, there’s no reason for visitors to stay indoors. Nature lovers can indulge in the many outdoor activities which include:
- Horse riding: Get a unique experience riding through the filming location of the Lord of the Rings, visit Glenorchy or the Dart Valley with horses to suit riders of all levels.
- Hiking: Hike through Aspiring National Park with tracks for all levels. Local guides will talk about the rich history and importance of the Routeburn Track.
- Biking: Hire a bike and cruise through the streets of Queenstown exploring the town at your own pace.
- Fishing: Take a trip on a luxurious, all weather boat with top class fishing equipment to guarantee a great fishing trip.
Family friendly activities
- Te Anau Glowworm Caves: The kids will be intrigued with this thrilling adventure; tours provide interesting facts about the formation of the caves as well as a spectacular sight of the glowworms.
- Queenstown Kiwi Birdlife Park: An educational and enjoyable day out for the family. The park boasts conservation programmes for over 20 endangered native species.
- Sightseeing tours: Journey deep into the Southern Alps to Mount Cook, visit Fox Glacier, the Aoraki / Mt. Cook National Park and many more stunning locations.
- Boat cruises: Whether it’s Milford Sound or Lake Wakatipu, the many boat cruises that are available will provide a relaxing way to enjoy Queenstown’s beauty.
Love is in the air
If you’re looking for a romantic experience with your other half then look no further, Queenstown will reignite that spark.
- Wine tours: Experience the boutique vineyards of Central Otago, with fabulous wine selections, local cheeses and craft beer. What more could you ask for?
- Air balloon tours: Rise into the sky and cruise over Queenstown with views of the Southern Alps, Lake Wakatipu, the Remarkables Mountain Range and much more.
- Queenstown Onsen Hot Pools: With spectacular views of the mountains, this experience will revitalise and excite you.
- Queenstown gondola: Ride to the Skyline Restaurant in Queenstown’s gondola and experience panoramic views of the town as well as world class cuisine.
- Helicopter/ seaplane flight tours: What better way to see Queenstown than from the air? From snow landings to flying over Milford Sound, these tours will exceed expectations.
Kootrip is New Zealand’s largest travel site which offers tours for all of these attractions and activities, so why wait? Visit https://www.kootrip.com/d/Queenstown to book today.